hasselbalde

kevin_thornton

One other thing you need to watch out for using the CFV on the SWC -- a small amount of

pressure on the shutter release, not enough to normally cause an exposure when using a

film magazine, may trigger the CFV without (or before) opening the shutter. You need to

do a faster motion than with the 503CW's release button which one can just slowly

squeeze until it releases. This is likely to be your problem.

I also find it helpful when using the CFV on a tripod to use the flash sync cable from lens

to back instead of fooling around with the exposure time setting on the back (or in

Flexcolor if shooting tethered). Be sure to set the body type to Flash Sync when doing this,

or it doesn't work right! It appears to me from my experiments that if light is striking the

sensor as it is being read to retrieve the image, you'll get a lot of interesting magenta

streaking in the image that probably won't be what you envisioned.

It saves a lot of aggravation if you trigger the CFV back using a sync cable to the lens. It works equally well with 500, 200 and (probably) SWC cameras. Make sure you hold the shutter release long enough for the lens shutter to time out before closing the auxillary (500) or focal plane (200) shutter.

The timing settings to use a mechanical trigger are fussy, and results seem to depend on how you squeeze the shutter release and the condition of your camera. I sometimes get streaks (like blooming) or magenta patches - not with the sync cable.