Comments greatly appreciated

memories by janae

Hi Janae - Darling baby and hat! I think the right side of the baby's face is a tad hot and on my screen the tones pick up a yellow cast. Beside the hot spot, the catchlights are in a nice position and highlight the baby's brown eyes. If you haven't already post this is the children's critique forum and see what types of ratings/responses you get. Good luck.

These are exactly the kinds of comments I was hoping for! Now, could you give me tips on what I could have done differently to avoid the hot spot and the yellow cast? Does hot spot mean that it is overexposed on the cheek? And I use a expo disc to achieve my white balance...has anyone else used the expo disc, and do you have tips as to its use?

I like the bw version better as the cheek doesn't look as overexposed (hot). Maybe bump the contrast a tad for a little more depth. As far as the yellow cast, are you shooting in RAW? If not, I suggest you start. It gives you so much more control and editing options. I have never used the expodisc so I don't have any suggestions there.

• 3 weeks later...