Bag suggestions

matt_erck1

Domke is still just as good bag as it was before, isn't it? And the quite tight lens pockets in the 4-way divider that came at least with my Domke F2(?) are okay for Hasselblad lenses. Maybe not for the 50 but at least for 80 and 150. The side or end pockets are good for backs. Tamrac makes, or at least used to make, some medium format bags that have dividers measured more to MF dimensions than for small format though nowadays small format lenses are just as thick as MF lenses. I assume you do have one back already and you are planning to get another. The way you wrote could give the impression that you have bought a camera without a back.

I used a Domke F6 "Little Bit Smaller" bag for Hassy 500CM and two lenses, two backs. I

always used a waist level finder so fitting that might be difficult ... it was pretty tight for

what I carried when you included film, hoods, filters and meter.

Godfrey

I have a domke f-803 camera satchel that I keep a 500c w/80mm, 150mm, and 40mm

lenses plus a light meter, extra back, a bunch of rolls of film, a notebook, a sony ux280p

and whatever i'm reading at the time.

When I want more carrying capacity I have a domke f-804 that I can usually toss some

more stuff into.

Alas, neither are large enough to carry my laptop (15" macbook pro - oh how I miss the

12" powerbook!).

I have a CF80 and a CF150, they are both quite slim, though not as slim as the old C versions. I don't have a 50 so I have not tried whether it can fit. The old 50 I have used and it was quite a lot thicker so I figured the new one might be a bit bigger as well, having a large front lens. The Domke 4-way lens holder has quite small (narrow) compartments.

I don't have dedicated bags for anything. I have a cabinet for equipment and I choose a bag based on what I need to carry, in what kind of weather and for how long.

There are backpacks that accommodate a 'blad plus finder without a bulge. Such as my Lowepro 'Photo Trekker Classic'. It might depend on which orientation you lie the camera though.

Backpacks may be better ergonomically if you are carrying weight for a long time than a shoulder bag, as strong as they may be (although the wide 'messenger' type across the shoulder straps are better). Bit less convenient to access, though.

You will have a bit of weight on with that gear, plus film, filters etc.

I gave up on a over the shoulder bag for MF. I now use a Think Tank Photo belt system. It is easier to move around and shoot without having a bag swinging. It is also a bit less conspicuous than a bag. The Speed Belt takes the lens cage lens pouches I use a 25 and 35 Lens Cage for Hasselblad 150CF and 60CF lens. The Chimp Cage will hold two 120 backs and some 120 film. Each of these pouches will lock to the belt with a plastic tab so they don't all bunch up. It does not sound like an easy system, but when you shoot all this really works. www.thinktankphoto.com has these products-- you really need to see it in person though.