Rollei lens cap size?

jeff glass

I bought a Rollei TLR mirror lens cap that is not Bay I size, the size I need. I want to figure out what

size this one is so I can get it to someone who can use it.

Can anyone tell me how to figure out the size of this lens cap. It is official Rollei/F&H but has no other

markings on it.

Thanks

Jeff Glass

Hello,

When you get the proper cap, there is a great trick with it. put it on the viewing lens so it does not fold down over the taking lens, (rotated counterclockwise 120 degrees) and then set the camera on your mantle piece. The concave mirror is the same focal length as the taking/viewing lenses, and everything you can see in the mirror will be on the film. So, when using the self timer, you don't have to guess what is in the picture. Boy those Germans are clever.

That is clever!

Have you ever seen the sports finder in the prewar Rolleiflex Old Standard? There was no eyepiece, only the front frame... but it had a cross bar through the center with a small concave mirror where the 2 bars crossed in the center, facing your eye. When you saw your eyeball centered in the mirror, your eye was perfectly aligned for framing your picture.