Albert Knapp, M.D. photo in New England Journal of Medicine

Since I'm a cancer survivor (twelfth year in remission), I subscribed to the NEJM ion 1994, along with Lancet and JAMA.

Each edition of the NEJM carries a photo by an MD or DO. In all this time, I don't believe I've seen a bad one.

Yeah, we scream and denigrate the "wealthy MD's and dentists" who can afford top quality Laicas, Hassies, etc., etc.; however, sometimes we forget that these people might use photography as an escape from the anxiety and pain of their patients that they have to deal with daily.

Please, let's cut these people a little slack and take into account that they do not photograph for a living, but most likely use photography as an escape mechanism. Some of their patients wait too long before seeking therapy and are "terminal" when diagnosed. It's damned tough to have to deal, right off the bat, with failure.

George (The Old Fud)

"I\'m afraid, George, I have bad news. There\'s a high probability that you won\'t live long enough to see the day any handful of people here line up to kiss Eliot\'s ass."

I have no idea what Piotr's talking about. On the other hand, this makes about as much sense as anything else Piotr has posted.

At my ancient age (83), I just consider the source. There's not enough time left for me, in this world, to engage in futile exchanges with arrogance or petulance.

In my youth, I used to believe that trolls were sadistic dwarf-like nasty little people that lived under bridges and tormented the populace.

Now, having been on the Internet and the World Wide Web for years, my definition of a "Troll" has changed.

Further, this deponent sayeth not

George (The Old Fud)

<p>My hand surgeon (removes the bone spurs from my osteoarthritis) is into taking photographs of Boston from "on high". He has a nice exhibit of them in his waiting room. He meets lots of people who live or work in "high places", which helps him get places to take pictures from.</p>

<p>I brought him a print of <a href="http://www.photo.net/photo/2016893">this photo</a>, which is my best "from on high" photo of Boston.</p>