book templates - resources

stephaniesaniga

We used Page Gallery for a while but now use Photoshop only. The problem with Page Galley - and I would imagine for any of the programs that are primarily a template library was that it took us so long to look through 2000 templates to find the appropriate one for the images that we wanted to put on the next spread. And when we did find a template that worked, we ended up tweaking it in PS afterward anyway.

Might as well just do it in PS alone. Which we do.

Wow... really? You both make good points. Especially the looking through all the templates and then having to work on it besides. So you just do everything in layers, I suppose, and then send a flat file. I could do that, I'm sure. It might take a bit of time at first, but then it would get quicker, and I'd have some of my own pages to use. I appreciate your comments.

I set up a folder called wedding album that is underneath the clients main folder.

Underneath the wedding album folder I set up a folder titled PSD v1 then another JPEG v1.

After review with the client I will set up subsequent folders PSD v2, JPEG v2 and so on.

V1=version 1, v2=version2 and so on.

Keep the original file of each page as a psd. Then you can go back and make changes.

Then flatten the file and use the "Save as" click and make sure you change it to a jpeg

before you save it. Otherwise you will have a flattened psd file.

I also hand write out each pano spread on note paper that I can refer to, giving description

to each layer, starting with the background. I make notes such as what actions I used for

each image or corrections, the size of the image and other information. I also leave an

area to make notes when I review the pages with the client.

Yes, once you do a couple of albums you will find it easier than a template program. And

it can tell the wedding story with yours and your clients vision.

• 7 months later...