Plexiglass Technique/resources & Notes to ALL on this Forum

dawn_michaels

Hello all :),

My question to you is about the use of plexiglass and its technique. Can someone

explain the how tos and where to buy this and if I were to use it beneath the

model to stand, wouldn't that scratch or crack?

Thank you!!!

P.S. below is a shot from my first photo session ever with my alien flash SB800

lighting with only 1 light, thanks to you all for helping me answer all my crazy

lens/lighting questions all this time!I hope to get better and better soon;)

Where to buy - I've picked it up at Home Depot (only up to 3x6 though)...there are other

sources as well, try local glass companies and they might be able to point you in the right

direction.

As for cracking - a couple of things. Put it on a solid surface - not on carpet or something.

And also, don't use acrylic, as this will crack very easily, especially if your model is wearing

heels. Try polycarbonate (Lexan is an example brand) - much stronger, although more

expensive.

Orada,

Greg offers some good points. Most major plastics distributors stock polycarbonate in a variety of sheet sizes and thicknesses. If you live near a major metropolitan area, you should be able to find a distributor. If not, try an internet search. Lexan sheets are expensive, and bigger sizes will be a freight item. The sheets are quite expensive.

By the way, I really like that black and white shot. It has a fashion advertisement feel to it. Not a bad job for your first round with the new Bee.

There was a recent response to a background question on the lighting forum that dealt with this subject. I thought you might find it useful. Hopefully this will get you there: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00OLaR

• 1 month later...