well, i have this old camera see...

cody_mae

No, I was never dumped on by one of those guys. Like you I've been here awhile and I've learned alot too.

It does seem that you have to have the hide of an elephant to ask a question here at times. I think you should just be able to ask a question and get an answer and not be ridiculed, no matter how

"...not sugarcoated..." Indeed.

my my my , it seems I have hit a nerve simply by stating my interpretation of my experience of this board. Perhaps those who deem me "thin skinned" or having a "victim mindset" may want to look at why my post aroused such a response in them - it usually means there is something there for one to look at. (And yes, I already did examine MY response to YOU.)

Thankfully, I have received some needed information from some helpful people in this forum, and I once again thank those who have treated me with respect and offered their knowledge.

BOB T wrote: "In my opinion...at this point all Cody needed to say was 'gee, I goofed...not tell everybody how rude they were to say...'hey, you made a mistake'."

No one said "you made a mistake". They used sarcasm to point out another person's lack of information and knowledge.

Let me just point out one small misquote in a previous post, and then I will leave you to your ego fest:

In his post that tried to point out how everyone was just joshing with me evidenced by the smileys and LOLs, BOB T. wrote: "Mark (laughing out loud) comments that SLR and rangefinders have viewfinders (duhhh) "

Sorry there bud, THIS is the correct quote:

CODY: "LOLOL OK, so maybe it isn't an SLR. You're right - it has a viewfinder."

MARK E.: "So do SLRs".

No LOL in Marks comment.

I was the one laughing - at my mistake. And Mark E, being incredibly witty, made his comment. Again, if we want to be absolutely specific, he is correct. But, someone who has an inkling of knowledge may have deduced that my reference to a viewfinder meant that the camera did not have a TTL viewfinder, as the SLRs that I am familiar with do (or perhaps even ASKED what I was talking about). But, I obviously expected too much, perhaps stretching out of the literal dark box is just too much of a strain for the aficionados on this site.

Happy Shooting All - and stick to cameras instead of words - you hopefully communicate better with images.