Cannot get my pocket wizard or sekonic L558 meter to synch

millermobley

I recently purchase a pocket wizard and a radio module for my sekonic. I have a profoto compact 660r

with a built in pocket wizard. I cannot get my light meter or pocket wizard to sync with the light. I feel like

I have tried every thing. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks.

You turn the strobe on and immediately press and hold the transmitter trigger down for I think 3-4 seconds? The strobe should fire when it programs to the transmitter signal. This is all in the instructions. Check to see if the strobe has an antenna. I'm not certain about the compact r's.

Perhaps you have a mis-match of frequencies. US and EU use different frequencies, so if your Sekonic is an EU model and your lights/pocketwizard US model (or vice-verse) you could have a mis-match; you can buy a different module for the Sekonic if this is the case, but I don't know about the Profoto.

Radio wave frequency

USA & Canada (FCC & IC)

CH1-CH16 344.00MHz

CH17-CH32 346.50 ~ 354.00MHz

Europe (EU)

CH1-CH16 433.62MHz

CH17-CH32 434.22MHz

The Profoto Comact Rs do have an antenna Tak.

Just to make sure ...

So, Miller, does your unit have the antenna installed? It's a separate item that plugs into

the sync port of the Compact R.

If the antenna is indeed there, and neither your Sekonic nor the Pocket Wizard will fire it ...

then it seems the strobe is the source of the issue. Did you try to reprogram it again? Mine

didn't take the first or second time I tried it ... third time was a charm.

Try hard wiring the strobe to the Pocket Wizard and use a second PW to trigger it to make

sure the strobes sync port is working.

Other than that, I'm stumped.

In case you didn't already think of it, check the channel switches on the PW's to be sure they are all concordant. IF PWII+, be sure all are set to 'both'. Try different channels, check batteries. Be sure the devices are at least a few feet apart, as sometimes PW's don't trigger if they are too close together. Remember the Sekonic is usually the trigger and the light/PW's should fire in synchrony -- the way you worded the question raised the thought that you are trying to trigger from the flash.

Dave

• 1 year later...