What do I have and/or how much is it worth?

rich_wing

DRP = Deutsche Reichspatent

DBP = Deutsche Bundespatent

These are designations that reflect the patents for the camera designs being registered under the German Reich (pre-1949) and German Bundesrepublik (post May 1949). They tell you nothing about the model of camera, just that its design was subject to a German patent or patents.

There are several web sites that will help you identify the original model of your cameras from serial numbers. However, they cannot tell you if the camera was later modified because many serial numbers remained unchanged.

If you do a web search on "Leica serial numbers" you should easily find what you are looking for.

Rich, based on "Identifying Leica Cameras, by Ghester Sartorius, your Leica No. 696,557 is a Leica IIIf with a self timer...Internet data suggest that it's worth about $475 usd, but might need a CLA...My CLA for the IIIf st red dial cost me $300 from DAG in Wisconsin...You can also look at Ebay completed deals for another idea, now that you know your model...

The serial number you gave for the other Leica appears to have one digit too many -- maybe the final zero... If so, it's a Leica IIIa [also called Model G], worth about $200 usd and would need a CLA...

These numbers, of course, are just a ballpark idea...Whether you get what you want is a question of condition, what lenses you might have and your ability to offer them where they might bring the best price...

I hope this helps...bob

Serial number 2,053,260 actually exists and corresponds to a "Mini Zoom" from 1994 (according to Hove's "Leica Pocket Book", 7th ed.) Can you post a picture? The Mini Zoom is totally different from a IIIa (1936).