Website design question

leopatrone

I was talking to my web designer and he thinks my site should be a little bit

bigger. He says my images are a bit small. What do you guys think? should my

images be a little bit bigger? Is the information readable? I would like to

know what all of you think. Thank you in advance.

leopatronephotography.com

i love your site-- i think it's so unique and interesting. the only problem i had was reading the small text under pricing.

as an artist i think the small images are super cool looking, BUT i'd love to see them larger so i can see more detail. they are really strong images and do fine small, but i can see how they'd totally "POP" if they were big. more attention grabbing i guess.

you are really talented! :-)

On a 1024x768 screen resolution your photos are a good size. On a screen resolution of 1280x1024 they are kind of small. Since most of your target audiance will probably be running at the lower resolution I would leave it the way it is.

<p>I like the size as it is. I agree that images appear a bit small for screens larger than 1024x768 but many of your prospective clients will have screen that size or smaller so that's ok.

</p><p>

My site was originally designed for much smaller screens and now I'm going to need to redesign it!

</p>

<p>Rudi</p>

<p>Halbright Photography</p>

<a href="http://www.halbright.com">http://www.halbright.com</a>

I really like the creative navigation. I was confused at first but I figured it out. I found the all caps in the informational areas (pricing) very hard to read though, but I loved it elsewhere.

On my screen (19" I think) the small pictures looked nice. I felt like I was viewing art. I liked it! You have some beautiful images btw. :)

Just my two cents. Good Luck to you!

<p>Leo, it's all relative to the resolution of the user's monitor.</p>

<p>For instance, if I were looking at your site on a 1024x768 screen your pictures would

be perfectly sized. But on a larger screen (e.g. my laptop with 1920x1200) your images

are the size of postage stamps.</p>

<p>I suspect your designer's advice is correct, and for many people your images will be

too small. A good and cheap compromise is just to offer both hi-res and lo-res versions

of the same site, with a simple stylesheet change to scale the site for larger images.</p>