kevin's and N. Van when it bright and lots of color, Pfisher when I want a

dramatic vintage feel. But I am completely overwhelmed by the number of

actions. Dose anyone know of a place when I can get action formulas? DO you

know what I mean? Like a photo pre-action and the end result and what action

they used to get there. Or if you want to post a before and after pic and the

actions used. I think it would be a wonderful resource for everybody. Thank

you Candice :-)

???????

Not sure what you are asking. Do you mean that you want to understand what the individual steps that make up one Parker's or Kevin Kubota's actions? If so, simply use the "history" window and you can click through each step of the action or randomly click at points in the action history and you'll see what each step did to the image.

Candie I think I know what you mean.... Look at Doug Gordon's website (Google it). I recently attended a 1 day seminar by Doug in London, where he demonstrated his flow-posing techniques. After a very impressive shooting demo followed by post processing with Kevin K actions and finally a slideshow, the sales act kicked whereby he was trying to sell his wares. Amongst these are his flow posing cards - individual cards showing each pose. Nn the back of each card is a list of all the Kevin K actions he used to create the image on the front. Useful for learning flow posing, but also very useful for understanding which actions to use to create a particular look. Hope this helps.

Steffi,

I have not seem the full resolution shots of Cliff Mautner but I do agree that they are simply wonderful.

But I guess some people would rather spend the time in photoshop trying to make beautiful images compared to the really GREAT photographers that can do it in the camera.

I am not sure how many of you use actions. I am drowning in them. I have Parker j pFister,

Nichole Van, Totally rad, itty bitty, and kevin K. I use kevin's and N. Van when it bright and

lots of color, Pfisher when I want a dramatic vintage feel. But I am completely

overwhelmed by the number of actions. Dose anyone know of a place when I can get

action formulas? DO you know what I mean? Like a photo pre-action and the end result

and what action they used to get there. Or if you want to post a before and after pic and

the actions used. I think it would be a wonderful resource for everybody. Thank you

Candice :-)

Hi Candice,

I get the feeling no one answers your question.

I know the feeling: Too many actions and not remembering what they exactly do.

I have not used the software myself, besides I work on a Mac.

But if you work on a pc, you could try the following link

http://www.picstobits.com/adex_intro.php

to the program ActionDex.

This is what they say about it:

"Actions" are one of the most powerful features of Adobe? Photoshop?. They allow

anyone to create powerful effects by combining the image manipulation tools in

Photoshop into scripted sequences. Thousands of actions are freely available, and you

probably have a decent collection sitting on your own hard drive. If only you could

remember what each one does and organize them better!

That is where ActionDex comes in. ActionDex lets you take control of your actions! With

ActionDex you can:

Organize your actions into categories (including nested categories and having the same

action appear in multiple categories).

Easily move, copy, and delete actions and categories... no need to try and organize actions

in the actions palette anymore!

Associate your own notes with actions.

Rate each action so you can quickly find your favorites.

Associate a preview image with each action so you can easily see what it does.

Keep track of the author, web site, and other information about an action.

View all the "stop messages" in an action, even while the action is executing (no more

wishing you had paid attention to those instructions before clicking "Continue"!)

Keep track of all this information even for actions you have unloaded from Photoshop.

Provide author name, web site, and extended notes with actions you write and share with

others.

With a single mouse click toggle between a large view window showing action details and

a small window that uses minimal screen space but provides full access to your categories

and actions.

Execute actions in Photoshop.

Backup the actions palette.

I just found it on Google via my search "backup photoshop actions".

Good luck! I regret it isn't made for Mac.

Jan

• 2 weeks later...