Rewind film in A12 magazine

richard_austin1

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Hasselblad but I was wondering if there's any way to rewind 120 film in the A12

magazine. I accidently loaded the wrong film (it's at #1 frame, ready to shoot) and I want to rewind it so I

can load another. I don't think this can be done (nothing in the manual) but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.

no can't be done in-magazine, however you could always open the magazine in de dark (darkroom, changing bag or other 100% dark place), take both spools out and spool the short length of film that has been spooled onto the take-up-spool back to the original spool. Not too difficult, or time consuming, just make sure you do this in absolute darknesss.

Hi Paul, I know, it's silly trying to work with just one film back! I do have another one on

order, purchased on eBay, and will get another one soon. I'm going out on a shoot today, in

the snow, and just thinking about having to reload film because I only have one cartridge is

intimidating! ;-)

Hi Richard,

I am glad you have taken the opportunity to get another filmback.

You can easily check a film back that you have not used before for light leaks.Remove the darkslide and hold the filmframe section under a desklamp.

Now look into the opening for the darkslide and check that there is no light coming through. No light means it is ok.

Small leaks often start near the edges.

Paul