Help me!!!!!

anna_west

hey everyone,

I hope one of you may be able to help me.

I bought a 52mm lens reverse micro adapter for my Nikon D50, and essentially you

have to attache the lens the wrong way round, and use it manually for it to

work. the problem Im having is when Ive done this even though the camera will

take a photo it wont take a picture of anything but blackness, its like there is

something obstructinbg the view, could someone please tell me what I may be

doing wrong, or what I should be adjusting on the camerea itself.

thankyou so much.

anna

I've never used one, but you are definitely going to have to set the aperture manually on the lens. If you just shoot, its likely that you are the minimum aperture of the lens or the blades are completely closed and you have almost no light coming in.

Unlock the aperture ring on the lens and open the lens up all the way and see if that helps.

Anna in normal operation the lens aperture is controlled by the camera body. While framing and focusing the body opens the lens iris to the widest setting so you can see with a lot of light. You can have a look into your lens from the front to confirm. When you select a smaller lens opening the iris closes just a split second before your camera records the image. After this the camera opens the the iris again.

Now if you reverse the lens the mechanic coupling is interrupted. Now you have to open and close the iris of the lens manually. If you shoot a static object from a tripod this is easy to do but say chasing an insect in flight may be a difficult thing to do^^.

Your next question may be that your lens iris is closed all the way? It may be locked at f22 or whatever the smallest opening is. There is a small tab that locks the smallest aperture, the way your camera requires this for automatic operation.

A special case are "G" lenses. These have no manual iris ring to set the aperture manually.