Anyone used Dell for camera (Canon) purchase?

Has anyone used Dell computer recently to purchase Canon bodies/lenses? Some

coupon offers through Dell can be $100-$200 cheaper than BH photo if you catch

their specials. Is theirs a USA warranty? Do products get returned to Dell or

Canon if there is a problem? Any info from someone who has a bought a pro or

prosumer model (DSLR's only) let me know of your experience.

hey Fellow nutmegger... I have used Dell a few times, got my Pro1 from them, it came with a non working LCD, i returned it straight back and got a new one a few days later,i also bought my 100MM macro from em and I believe I got my 28-135 from them also.

I bought 2 Sigma lenses from them. I too was taking advantage of the coupons. No problems. Be advised that they will most likely charge you sales tax. I live in PA and they charged me.

They also use the unreliablely slow DHL for shipping. Which is dead slow in my opinion. Should it take 3 days to ship something 60 miles (Philly to Allentown) when I can get UPS ground from NYC overnight.

Other then that all of my non-computer Dell experiences which include a digital camera, an Xbox 360, several games, and 2 lenses have been good.

Kevin

Yes, if you catch the right coupon on the right day there is big savings. However delivery date and time are all over the place. I have received purchases from two day to three months after ordering. They might run out of stock on hot items but they eventually will make good.

I have tried to use Dell in the past when they had a good deal on memory cards. They were out of stock at the time. I indicated that was fine, send me the cards in a few weeks when they got them again. A few weeks later, they sent me an email saying I needed to confirm within a day or so. I didn't see that email for a few days. So they canceled my order and wouldn't let me re-order at the same price.

So they ended up wasting my time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Well, I haven't given them the chance.

Eric