Anyone using a Zeiss ZM lens on an older M body?

paul_viapiano

I was wondering what users are thinking about this combination? I just

purchased my first M body, an M2 in great shape and am looking for a lens,

most likely a 50mm. Thinking about a 50mm/2 Summicron or possibly the Zeiss ZM

50mm/2 Planar...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

I sold my 50 summicron when I purchsed my Planar. The planar is absolutely tops in the 50 range. For that matter my experience with the 25 and 35 Biogons are the equal to the Planar. No experience with the others but from what I've read all the Zeiss lenses are first rate.

I've used my Zeiss glass along side my current leica asph glass and like the Zeiss best. All work fine on my old and new bodies.

the Zeiss lens have that, well, zeiss look. a bit diff than the Leica look but equally outstanding. Erwin Putts rates some ZM lens equal to the pre-asph and a few the equivalent of the aspherical models.

Here, we are looking at the top-tier of lenses, you cannot go wrong with ZM ...saving a bunch of schilling in the process.

"I am wondering if it is possible to work with the Biogon 35 using the existing framelines?"

Christian, the answer is so clearly "yes" that I wonder if I misunderstand your words. The Zeiss Biogon-ZM triggers the 35mm framelines in viewfinders in all M-mount camera bodies that have 35mm framelines, just as other M-mount 35mm lenses do.

• 10 months later...