Lowepro camera bag ...?

cory_reynolds

Hello! i have a ? regarding the Lowepro Orion Trekker 2 bag. Does anyone have

this bag / recomend this bag? I have seen this lowepro bag, and i think it will

work for me. Right now i have a nikon D70s and a few lenses, will this work? I

would like to upgrade to the nikon D300, will this camera fit in the lowepro

bag? Thank for any advise.

Cory

It depends on which lenses. You should expect to keep one lens mounted, but the overall length must be less than 6.5 inches along the lens axis. This rules out any of the f/2.8 zooms, for example. A 70-200 VR would not fit in this bag in any practical sense.

A Minitrekker or Microtrekker would have more useable space, but you would keep your snacks and water bottle outside.

I use this bag for my Canon 350D, a 70-300mm canon lens, a 10-20mm lens, and a 24-70mm lens, along with a modest set of accessories (spare batteries, filters, etc.).

I originally got one of the slingshots, which was a little smaller, but ultimately dumped it in favor of the orion trekker II because I didn't like having only a single strap. It put me off balance just enough that during decent hikes (over 1 mile) I'd start getting soreness in my shoulders and lower back as my posture changed to accommodate uneven weight in the pack.

I'm not sure how much you're concerned about money, but if money were no object, I'd recommend the primus or the photo trekker instead of the orion trekker, because they're bigger and seem to accommodate carrying a tripod a little better. I may change my mind again and upgrade to one of those two myself. That said, the orion trekker is a good pack and is reasonably sized for a camera and a few modest size lenses.