Is there anyone out there who could convert the following....

ryan_k.

A Polaroid 110b, Polaroid 600se (or something similar) to accept interchangeable

fast lenses?

Ideally I am hoping to use the likes of the Nikon 85mm 1.4 along with a camera

that shoots on polaroid 3.25 x 4.2. I am keen to get hold of the camera asap so

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This doesn't sound practical to me. The minimum image circle of a lens designed for 35mm photography is approximately 44mm. Using a lens which was designed for a 35mm camera (not for macro use) with a much larger film format will just get you a circular image smaller than the larger format. Very few fast lenses were made to cover medium format or large format sizes. The Hasselblad 110mm f/2 lens comes to mind as does the 80mm f/1.9 lens for the Mamiya 645 cameras. With a bellows a lens can be extended far enough from the film that it could cover a larger format but an 85/1.4 Nikkor is ot the lens you would want to use for this purpose.

What I meant was a lens like the Nikon, not the actual Nikon itself (okay so that's a lie to try to cover up my stupidity.)

The Mamiya 80mm f/1.9 and 150mm f/2.8 look like 2 possible options but the problem is then that with the actual image size on the 645 being 56 x 41.5mm, is really undesirable as I would like to use up as much as possible of the Polaroid image. Even 6 x 7 is pretty disappointing.

Is there ANY Polaroid camera that could be modified to accept interchangeable lenses such as the Mamiyas or am I dreaming? Actually would the Mamiyas even cover the full polaroid image size when used wide open? I'm not clued up on these kinds of things.

ta'

Yes, but keep in mind the large size of polaroid print is approaching the size of a large format negative, so at f/5.6 your DOF is miniscule.

Your ansswer to shooting without flash is to use the 600SE with Fuji's FP-3000b ISO 3000 speed instant film. You can shoot handheld at f/8 in a fairly dim room.

<blockquote><i>The Mamiya 80mm f/1.9 and 150mm f/2.8 look like 2 possible options [...]

</i></blockquote><p>

You are aware of the fact that any lens for a smaller format used on a larger one is going to lose infinity focus? And that due to the magnification factor the effective aperture will be less (aperture used + (aperture used × magnification))?

No and no...

It looks like my quest for fast lenses with me Polaroid is dying a death here. The infinity focus isn't a huge issue because the subject is generally less than 15 feet away but the magnification factor sounds like a problem.

My lack of knowledge isn't helping matters either as I run round t'internet like a headless chicken trying to fulfil my daft polaroid dream.

The fast lenses are needed for indoor, low light hand-held photography.

As for my fixation with the polaroid 110, I don't have a fixation for the camera, it's the film. The look of Polaroid 667 film used in low light is unlike any other film out there, the pictures are much bluer in the blacks and the grain is so distinctive, unlike anything found in 35mm, MF or digital.

I'm sure it sounds like I'm being picky and a pain in the ass just for the sake of it but I'm not, I really love this film and would love to be able to use it a lot more often in what are pretty demanding conditions.