fuji quickload holder - dismantling

robin_coutts

Get a Phillips head screwdriver of the proper size and work on a surface that will catch the tiny screws if they fall out. Otherwise, take note of where the pieces are so you can put them back properly. It's not hard to do, but the backup suggestion is a very good one.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I did have a problem with mine in the field last fall. One of the tricks I learned was to loosen all of the screws and then flip the holder over so they are pointed down before taking it apart. The inner parts wil stay in place better if you do this. Beware, there are a couple of real delicate springs inside.

Robin,

Perhaps you are handier than I am. But I dismantled mine after dropping it and hoped that taking it apart would reveal any damage. I did succeed in cleaning out the little piece of broken plastic but was considerabley less successful getting it all back together - mostly issues witht he springs as Dick said. Ultimately, Jim at Midwest sold me another used one for $75 or so. If you are going to take it apart, practice at home AND have a spare.

Once you put it back together, test it. It would be heartbraking to come home with a stack of dead films.