Recommended Photo Safari Companies?

Jeremy Stein

My wife and I are considering a photo safari to Africa next year, probably to

Botswana and nearby areas. We have been looking at the offerings by a company

called "Ultimate Africa." They seem competent and capable, although not

inexpensive, but I am wondering if anyone here has experience with them to

share. Also, are there other safari companies with whom you have had good

experiences and would care to recommend?

Please don't send me advertising or such; I am looking for recent personal

experience from members of photo.net.

When I went to South Africa I stay at the Phinda with is part of CC Africa. While they did not specialize in photography often on the jeep there was only one or two other people and I had all the room in the back to lay my equipment down and photograph. Great time, highly recommended but it to was expensive

Some 10 years ago we went twice to Botswana with www.Punduka.com and had a faboulous time. They were recommended by a SA friend.

They offer trips out of Maun, sleeping in tents. Very knowledgeable people. If I'd go to Botswana, I'd use them in a hartbeat. You'll find that Botswana is an expensive country 'to safari'. Enjoy.

• 1 year later...

<p>If you have you're heart set on Botswana there are some great places to stay. My favorite is Duba Plains - great photography - they have no problem bringing lunch out to the bush letting you stay out all day if you want to.<br>

King Pool - A llittle costly but great. Duma Tau, Selinda, Mombo - all good.<br>

Botswana got lots of rain in 2008 so game viewing was more difficult then in past years but still good. If your looking for a company contact Nicky - Eye on Africa or Mark - Africa Adventure. Both excellent.<br>

If you're looking for lots of game, great price go to Zimbabwe - you'll love it and see everything with less people around - totally safe.<br>

Harriet Smith<br>

<b>Signature URL deleted, not allowed on photo.net. Please put your website in your profile page.</b>