You Should Know WeddingWire

anner

I'm confident that WeddingWire is going to be the next biggest competitor to TheKnot! It collects,

organizes, and makes public the information that brides have been trying to gather for years through

message boards, friends, vendors, and family members. It is the ultimate web 2.0 experience for wedding

vendors and brides. It also provides a forum where brides and vendors are free to interact with each

other, which wasn't possible with other wedding message boards. All basic listings are FREE, so there's no

reason why a business shouldn't be listed. I'm sure that once weddingwire catches on, it's going to

revolutionize the wedding market.

David- that's the nice thing about weddingwire... while every wedding vendor may ultimately

be listed, resulting in tons of listings- the cream of the crop will rise to the top through high

ratings. It also allows you to qualify your leads based on price. I don't see it as a one-stop-

shop for brides... as many vendors will receive high marks over time, but I do see it as a

place for brides to confirm their word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family.

It looks like a nice site and I may sign up. But, as I was doing so, I stopped. This is more than just purchasing an online add that goes away when the time is up. Your storefront becomes part of your "online identity" and will require time and participation to maintain. Plus, the rating system becomes part of your online message somewhat outside of your control. Down the road, if you don't want to maintain your storefront, I wonder if you can have it removed? Nothing worse than storefront that hasn't been maintained, or worse, trashed in the ratings for whatever reason.

If it fits your business model and you are willing to invest the time, it looks like a great idea. But, as my wife says, "there is no such thing as a free cat."

paul

Thanks for the heads -up on this site. I really like the concept and signed up for the storefront. Kind of fun to set up since you're just loading content. I'm also hoping that it catches on with bride's in my area. I have gotten one of my clients to submit a review and solicited a couple of more. My only concern was that it doesn't specify a radius around the zip code that bride's can submit, so the others vendors that come up are kind of far afield. But hopefully as more local people sign up this should become less of an issue.

• 6 months later...