D2x too heavy for me what do I switch to

kenji1

So i bought a D2x from a friend about a year ago for 1/10 of the going rate but

I have come to find out that its just to heavy for me. I like the high iso

ability and the high fps but its killing my neck and back what do I do should I

sell or tough it out and deal with it.

Another solution would be to use a holster type camera bag worn at your waist. You will

hardly notice the weight of the D2x when carried this way. Lengthen your camera strap so

you can still wear it around your neck while the weight of the camera is actually supported by

the always open bag. This method is also great for keeping your camera from swinging into

solid objects while you are active and also offers some protection from inclement weather.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Topload-Zoom-Mini,2055,8.htm

The camera harness is neat. My Dad made such a thing using a variety of straps which are always left over from various bags etc around the studio. Helps to take the strain. I have six camera bags and am looking at a Tamrac Expedition 8 backpack carrier. That would surely be a workout.

I hate to say this, because it also applies to me. But when a camera becomes too much to carry, we (I) need to take a look at physical condition. Perhaps some light exercise to the right areas would eliminate the need for a new camera. Heck, we all need a new camera, right? It could also lengthen ones life span (the new camera, not the exercise!)

Lawrence