High quality "Storybook" Album Suppliers in the UK (or abroad that ship)

simon_cook

I have kept away from the "Storybook"style of album but keep getting asked about them and know for

sure that I have missed out on jobs because of this.

Can anybody suggest a good quality supplier?

Graphistudio appear nice when new, but I feel they may start to look worn sooner rather than later,

correct me if im wrong.

Is anybody using Bellissmo from Loxley?

Are there suppliers that not only offer a album, but will do the design?

Are there companies in the USA that can do all of the above and ship?

Happy New Year.

Simon, if you're considering outsourcing your album design, try us at www.storybookpages.com. We'll do design-only and let you handle the print and bind...or we'll submit the design directly for printing and binding. Shipping the designs to you=free. Shipping the complete album...?? likely $60US I'm guessing if you're in UK.

We do Graphi, Leather Craftsmen, Asuka, VisionArt, Zook, etc.

Thanks Steve. I do at the mo use Jorgensen but fancied offering something else. Arn't

Queensbury very expensive and don't you have to pay a signing up fee?

Queensbury are great but my average wedding price is ?1400 which may mean they are to

expensive

I will have a look at there site.

There are a few. I, like you, have been asked for some digital style albums, but don't offer them due to my preference for Jorgensen albums and the matted style, not to mention that I use film for my weddings and this makes digital albums more of a fuss.

Try

everleaf.co.uk - I think Everleaf are the Japanese Asuka books rep in the UK.

gloriousbooks.co.uk - Spicers digital albums. I like few Spicers products though, I haven't seen a gb book in the flesh.

Though I have to say that I have heard good things about Graphistudio, and they are at the top of the price range, so if you may be disappointed by them, then maybe nobody is good enough.

Any body going to Focus this year, many of the album manufacturers are usually present there.

Kris - UK

I have seen them, and they look quite nice, as these style of albums go. They are the Asuka reps, so do a search on Asuka books through the forums and see what comes up.

They do seem quite a good deal cheaper than Graphistudio as well.

Side by side with one of my Jorgensen Pano's though, and I don't think there is a contest. But that's just me. And clients have been asking about them.... :( but what do they know!

Kris.

I'm in the process of looking. I was using Graphi when my 3 month old sample had a metallic page peal off. They wanted me to buy another one...although they would give me the 50% off again...yeah right. I waited 4 months for the first sample book because they screwed up. Then I went to visit my high end photog buddy (most expensive in my city) and his book had condensation between the plastic and the book. I came home, gave my daughter the briefcase to play with and with a big smile threw the freaking book in the trash can. I'm checking out Zookbinders and Finao. The Finao factory is close to me so I hope that works out. I love Asukabook for coffeetable though. They do ship worldwide I do believe.

mike

Hi Simon

I have many more requests for the traditional matted albums however I did have a couple of digital albums on show at the National Wedding show last Sept. They were much admired and produced by a company called Booked Images....small outfit delivering top quality,,,speak to Nicole.

Good luck

Jim

Simon - Queensberry is I think 300 pound initial fee - that gets you all the samples though (very nicely presented too). Albums then vary in price according to size / number of pages etc - I worked out average for my package comes in around 700 pounds cost to me (that's with 70 photographs).

It is expensive but worth every penny.

That rules out Queensbury for me. I guess you need to be charging ?2000+ to justify that.

I got a feel of the albums whilest on a coarse up in the Lake District (me thinks this person

gets them for free)

Will have to look at others that fit in with my packages.

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't know Queensberry actually did the digital magazine storybook style album. Are they really worth that much? I don't think I have ever spent over half that amount (700) on an album from Jorgensen, and I've never had any complaints about the quality.

I know Spicer do the Madison range, which is just a sticky book to take 10 inch square prints. try http://www.spicerhallfield.co.uk/professional/results.cfm?type=quick&

I think they come in about 75 UK pounds plus the vat, depending on the number of pages you want.

Kris.

Hi again Simon

For a 16x12 A3 with around 80 pics 21 leaves(42 sides) 250gsm paper will cost around ?300.00 They are digitally produced, however they look the business.I produce Jorgenson Albums 80 images 20 leaves (40sides)with the album mounts and prints comes to around ?350.00 cost for me. The quality of these albums is second to none. Graphistudio...well if there was such a thing as Chavvie design..probably popular in Essex! Queensbury are on a par with Jorgo but are more costly.

Incidently you asked about E albums and I think they may have discontinued them...not 100% sure though.