Will a 40D + 24-105mm + 100-400mm fit in a Slingshot 200?

malcolm_vickery

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a compact bag, which will have easy access, for a 40D,

together with the 24-105mm zoom, and the 100-400mm (both the Canon L IS

lenses). Will the Slingshot 200 AW fit the bill?

I also would like to have enough room for extra batteries, Compact Flash Cards,

etc...

If the slingshot won't work, what would you suggest...

Aprreciate your help.

Malcolm

I have the AW300 so I'm not sure what the 200 will hold but maybe this link can help. It will show you how certain lenses fit and you can use your judgment from there.

My guess is that if the 70-200 fits "snugly" in there then you may have a bit of trouble with the 100-400 lens but I'm not positive because I own neither the bag nor that lens.

My 70-200 2.8IS plus a few other lenses etc fits nicely in the AW300 but check this out and see for yourself Malcolm. http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3632564&postcount=799

The AW200 is a small bag. The 40D and 24-105 and several medium sized lenses and flash

will fit just fine. Realize the camera sits in the middle of the AW200, so nothing can run the

length of the bag. I don't have a 100-400 buy no way my EF 300 4L USM will fit. Can get my

EF 200 2.8L USM in.

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

I don't have the same lenses but do enjoy the Slingshot 200 with 70-200mm f/4 and several other lenses. (As far as loading, Lester Warham's site sort of says it all I guess.) After a year, the bag has been durable and essentially shows no wear despite numerous trips to desert, mountains, cities and points between. I also have the Slingshot 100 which is a tad small for my taste as the 70-200mm won't fit when mounted on the 10D, but the bag is very handy when I carry other lenses.

I fitted my 30D+grip+100-400mm and my old 300D+24-105 in the main compartment; I also fitted 10-22mm+580EX flash in top compartment. I also could fit 70-200mm 2.8 IS+100-400mm+30D+grip+580EX in the main compartment and 10-22mm+300D in the top. For the second combination I actually couldn?t believe my eyes that all of these gears fitted in my Slingshot 200, but the bag was really heavy to be carried on one shoulder.

I will try to post sample photos if you are interested.

Happy new year

Folks,

What a wonderful site this is!

I appreciate all the answers, and especially the photo Loren - Thank you! Does the 100-400mm have the reversed lens hood attached? I can't quite see from the photo.

I would also appreciate the sample photo's from Omik if that is possible.

A wonderful 2008 to you all!

Malcolm

You're welcome :)

Yes, in the photo I attached earlier, both lenses have the reversed lens hoods attached. Furthermore, the two compartments at the lower left are empty, and could hold some small lenses or flash. And of course, there is also the small top compartment, which in the photo is located to the right.