Very weird focusing problem

friedemann_wachsmuth

Hey there,

I bought a heavily used RB67 Pro-S with the 127mm C-Sekor quite a while ago. After exchanging the

light seals, bending some pins and other minor repairs, its working snappy and reliable -- and I also got

used to the somehow cumbersome handling. I love this camera.

However, I have a weird problem: Focus on the focusing screen differs significantly from the film plane. I

first thought its due to my bad eyes or me being slow, but with aperture wide open, carefully focused on

the eyes, the ears actually get sharp.

I did the test and put vellum drafting paper into the magazine, focused carefully on a big object (about 6

ft away) and checked on the focusing screen: The focusing screen would need to be approx 4mm deeper

into the camera then it is to show the same result!

How can this be? The adjustment screws could not really go that much deeper. The focusing screen is

original, matt side down, looks totally ok and is fitting in well. I suscpected the mirror to be in wrong

position, but after going through the service manual, that is unlikely and its position looking well too.

Any idea or hint anyone would could be wrong? Any help is appreciated. I invested too much time and

sweat into this wonderful camera already to not get it totally working now :)

• 5 months later...