Recent edited work.

kenny_c

Kenny,

Interesting subject.

And now the photo instructor / critic in me speaking:

The photos are overly redundant. A few of the close ups, like the necklace in the tree help

break it up, but you need more variety. More verticals? Something with a longer lens?

Most are shot at eye level.

It looks like it was shot in a very short period of time. Could you go out there when the

light is nicer? Or when a burial is taking place? (You could keep your distance and not

bother anyone).

It just seems like it could be a very "human" story, but it doesn't come across that way, it

has more of a landscape feel to it. Maybe that is your intent.

You have some lovely images in there, the snow on the pine trees is a favorite.

Trying to present more of an experience, there is just as much emphasis on the person talking. I also brought a voice recorder with me and kept close so I can transcribe text later. The idea was just to document not just the place but interaction thats taking place. I do intend on going back when there are events going on.

The photographs are redundant due to the interview taking place, I suppose that isnt so obvious? It seems too jumbled if I shot all over the place and transcribed the interview in.

It's still an experiment I'm trying with, to give it a more "phenomenological" experience...

Ken,

Now that you say you have audio, it makes much more sense. It is very difficult to both at

the same time. If you have a good audio track, I would encourage you to go back and try

to add some additional images.

If you haven't seen it, and you have a good broadband connection, take a look at

www.soulofathens.com, it might give you some ideas. Also look at www.mediastorm.org,

outstanding stuff.

Good luck with the project.

Jerry, 500CM is a model number for a H'blad, not the lens length.

I found the presentation well integrated, the writing and pictures together. So the photos didn't appear redundant to me, they just flow with the narrative.

And I'm not usually a fan of this sort of thing. But it works on the web site, and would probably work well if configured somehow for a part of an exhibit.

Beautiful work! Would like to see other individual photos you've taken, get a better idea of your "range".

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the input, I do plan on making small 7x7 books. The work doesnt lend itself to an extensive exhibition I dont think... strikes me as being more of a narrative work than fine art gallery stuff. But perhaps more shooting would change that.

cheers

k