D3 --- B&H call NOW

arthuryeo

Al, I am sure Shun's post was just in jest because of the way Arthur headed his post "call NOW" in caps. Those are the kind of words you hear in a radio or tv commercial even though I am also sure Arthur didn't mean it that way. Just sounds a little funny.

We will have more posts like this from time to time. Exciting new equipment often means shortages in the beginning, though I hope this doesn't go on as long as it did for the 18-200VR lens.

So Arthur, you gonna get one?

Wow, I'm amazed at how many of these new dSLRs from the 40D to D300 to D3 to 1Ds MKIII are available. New to the game I guess but I've heard horror stories of people waiting for months for orders to be fulfilled. Maybe with X-mas around the corner, the economy a little sluggish and Canon/Nikon jockeying for the top spot there has been few shortages. I guess Nikon users have been waiting years for a full frame camera so waiting is all about perspective. Good luck with your D3's, sounds like a camera that will the needs of many!

Al, exactly when did I say there was someting wrong with Arthur's original post? I put two similies there just to make sure my point was clear.

But it is also amusing that merely 10 and half hours ago, Arthur started anther thread complaining about the shortage of D3, and he should be receiving one within a week or so since the initial launch date: November 30.

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00NWBl

Can we just be a little bit patient?

>>That's what B&H told me ... I'm in for the next shipment (this week).

I'll let you guys know if the truth was spoken. All things are rumors until I hold the D3 in my hands.

>Can we just be a little bit patient?

It's extremely hard when you have to shell out $5K and get jerked around by retailers.

To add to that, I'm already frustrated by Nintendo retailers who are illegally selling Wii's at 2.5 times above list price. Now, that's something to talk about: Nintendo has been shipping Wii's for the last 7 months and we still can't walk up to a store and get one. With the lowered price of PS3, SONY is overtaking the sales of the Wii in Japan last month, I hope that will drown some of the fire soooon.

<i> The old D200 and D2X have stopped working since the D3 is now available. </i>

<p>

Curious. My D200 seems to work fine. Maybe Finland is outside of the reach of the special EMP generator that Nikon activated to disable older Nikon DSLRs?

<p>

Guys, keep your cool. 6 months from now you'll be hitting your heads to walls when the D3X and D300FX are announced ;-) And then you start anxiously waiting for their arrival to the stores.

"To add to that, I'm already frustrated by Nintendo retailers who are illegally selling Wii's at 2.5 times above list price." Wait, they're selling them to people who a) have more money than you or b) want it more than you? Geez, capitalism is just so unfair!