Stamping the back of the delivered photos

dawn_kelly

OH and a side note, I don't stamp my stuff so much anymore. I use White House Custom Color (www.whcc.com) Print Fulfill option which stamps the back of the prints with my name and ship the contents directly to my customer in a while plain box (so they can't go the lab website and know my cost). The cost for Print Fulfill is the same at MPIX and the shipping is only $5.

Michael - I didn't want to do stickers because they could be peeled off. I saw the bunny ink but decided to pass.

Tiffany - I saw the Staz-On and was heading down that route until...

RubberStamps.net has a 3/4 inch round Ultifast stamp that allowed me to use my website address printed out in circle fashion, the copyright symbol at the bottom base of the circle, and a very basic graphic of a camera on a small tripod in the middle of the circle text. I think the look of the stamp turned out pretty cool. Cool enough to pay the higher price for the Ultifast self-inking stamp versus the Staz-On pad only.

It won't absolutely keep clients from scanning the prints but it can make it more difficult for them. It also eliminates the question of ownership of copyright when presented to a pro lab for scanning/duplicating. I went print proofless since going with online previews and have never looked back. I like it more for the convienence and cost-saving purposes rather than as a means to avoid clients scanning though.

"Actually I am doing this for reprint orders only. Friends and family can order pictures from the galleries on my web site, and those are the ones that I want to stamp."

Then these are the ones that you want to look professional. Inks and rubber stamps can be messy and labor intensive. You also run the risk of the ink bleeding through the back of the print as the paper ages. Another alternative is to put the studio signature/logo on the print itself as in the example below.<div>00NWHR-40161884.jpg.da60275467de7b7ef2d6158f78943d12.jpg</div>