Quality of the image from e410

andrej duricek

Hi,

I m the Nikon user (F80 and F60). I would like to buy a Nikon d40x, but I m

thinking also about Olympus e410 (years ago I v been happy user of OM101). But I

m affraid of the quality of the image from smaller sensor. How good is 30x40 cm

print from Olympus e410 or e510?

Thanx

Ajko

The sensor isn't that much smaller than the D40x's (~13.5mm high for the Olympus vs. ~15.5mm for the Nikon). There's a bigger difference in width due to the aspect ratio difference, but if you're going to print 30x40 cm, you'll have to crop the sides off a 3:2 image anyway.

As for big prints, why not grab some example photos from places like dpreview, print them, and judge for yourself? You can crop out representative parts of images and print them small, so you don't really have to make lots of big prints.

Hi

If you go to my portfolio then you can save some of my images to your computer and print them if you wish.

The passion flower and the 3 red flowers, the first 10 parrots, and the first Iguana, and the firework shots are all taken with the Olympus E410, all other shots are taken with the Olympus E500.

Hope this helps.

Ali.

Judging by a sample of three A3+ size prints sat in front of me right now taken with my trusty old Oly E-1 5MP camera, you should be able to go to A2 size with no sweat at all from a 10MP sensor......provided:

(i) you use a sensible ISO setting

(ii) you use lenses that can give the resolution required and

(ii) have a sharp image to begin with

Gargbage in = garbage out no matter what camera system has been used.