EOS40d 1.0.5 firmware + raw + photoshop CS3

arimus

I thought the 1.0.5 firmware had fixed the raw issues with Adobe camera raw...

When ever I try to open a raw I get a format incorrect (or some other such

error) message...

Any thing I can do?

(CS3 is fully updated as of 5 mins ago...)

I'm confused. You state that "CS3 is fully updated as of 5 mins ago", yet the firmware 1.0.5 update goes onto the 40D, not onto the PC.

Therefore, to know if this corrects the issue, you will need to first update the firmware on the 40D, then take some new RAW images with the 40D, then try to open those new RAW images on your PC.

I would expect that any images taken with the 40D prior to the firmware upgrade would continue to have issues being opened.

Right -- one battery removal issue....

Doh!

(And what I'd meant was upgraded the 40d f/ware via CF when I got it home, then when I found that CS3 didn't work I updated all my adobe software with the latest patches etc.... which took the best part of an hour and a half)

shit, people you are missing the point... firmware has nothing to do with raw.. updating CS3 is not enough, you must have the Adobe Camera Raw update for version 4.2 . It is Camera raw converting raws, not CS3 itself.

also no need to remove and insert battery after updating to 1.0.5 firmware, camera reboot automatically after you push ok when update completed..

• 3 weeks later...

I found the problem (just not been able to post again until now as I've been somewhat busy with work)...

Despite Photoshop telling me it had upgraded it never actually did upgrade...

Uninstalling then reinstalling and reapplying the updates cured the problem...