Level Picture with DPP

mike_young1

Nope?

There is always a way! Well almost ... I have fixed many horizons by rotating them just a tad in a certain direction or cropping if needed (very little if possible, any more and you may as well throw the shot). It can be done in Photoshop or other programs ... if you can't find a way to fix it you can email me and I'll help you if you like. Good luck, I'm sure you can do it though.

"Nope?"

That's a little suprising. I've installed DPP, but only use Adobe Camera Raw. It has a straight forward levelling tool, requiring you to trace a known horizontal (or vert) part of the image, and it rotates and autocrops to suit.

I've opened DPP a few times, and found it somewhat befuddling. Just the way the windows pop up for the browser vs editor, for example. No levelling tool? Maybe "Pro's" alway get their horizons horizontal, LOL.

Dunno about DPP, I don't use it.

But, yep, I can confirm it's very fast and easy to correct in the RAW thumbnail displayed in Adobe Camera Raw. ACR is more accurate at it than me dragging at the edge of a crop of the image, too. (Thankfully, since I sometimes have to edit 1800 photos and more than a few can be improved with a little straightening!)