Anyone shoot Minox here?

vick_ko

In high school C1970, I watched my photo teacher print an outstandingly sharp 8x10 from a tiny MINOX negative! The lenses on these has to be their secret? I owned one of their newer 35mm cameras and it's lens was tack sharp too.

I'm sure the film is available somewhere. But even back in the day the films and processing were never as inexpensive as larger films. If you find a source for their B&W films, this can be easily D&P'd in a home darkroom. This would be a huge savings.

http://www.subclub.org/sponsors/goathil2.htm

here's another site for minox film. They'll sell a bulk roll or reload your minox cassettes.

Good selection but you're on your own for developing. You'd have to buy a minox sized

developing tank. Might as well get a film viewer while you're buying. and a binocular mount,

right angle viewer, enlarger...

Minox made a lot of little gismoes to go with your camera. :)

FWIW you can make a film holder out of two pieces of mat board. You have to cut it precise but it is doable.. You use another format for the pattern and then cut the hole for the negative accordingly.

I had one. Came with the enlarger. Worked fine.

Blue Moon Camera in Portland Oregon sells film and processes via mail order. (bluemooncamera.com) The quality and service there is great, and they are very dedicated to Minox. The service at Minox Labs in new York is horrible. The last roll of film I sent them took over 5 months to develop, and when I would call to ask the status their attitude was "if you don't like the service go somewhere else."

I switched to Blue Moon Camera about a year ago. I like their work. So far I've only sent them 35 full-frame (Zeiss Ikon Contina II), 35 half-frame (Olympus Pen FT) and 110 (Pentax Auto-110) film. Almost ready to try a roll from my Minox EC. I expect good results.