Mamiya 645 Pro and digital back

teemu

Hi,

Does anyone has a knowledge if old manual focus 645 Pro works with any digital

back? Naturally you would lose some exif data, but that is not too important to

me. I really would appreciate some info, do I really have buy AF model..

What?

This is new to me. I hav a 645 ProTL with a bunch of lenses, and was told by the

norwegian Mamiya-distributor that it would not fit with the new ZD-back. I would have to

use an AFD or AFDII-body. This info was backed up by several photography-forums where

I partisipate.

I was annoyed by this fact, why did not Mamiya at least make some sort of adapter to

make the ZD-bakc fit to the older models?

Do you have contact information to the Mamiya rep at Calumet? I would really like to learn

more about this, since I am about to invest in a digital solution of some kind.

Eirik Berger

I was at the photo show today and the Mamiya guy said megavison made a back that would fit the Pro. The B&H link is http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/204218-REG/Mega_Vision__S3_Pro_Digital_Back.html. The ZD back will not work on the Pro. At over $13,000 for the Megavision back it is cheaper to buy the ZD kit for $10,000 - camera, lens, finder and 22 MP back.

So it seems that there is no way to use that reasonably priced kodak back on old pro models.. That is a really shame, with that back you would get nice package for amateur use, as I do not need to print 22-40mpix images. I would prefer digital back although for faster feedback and tweaking my learning curve.

Thanks for all of you who did share your info so far!

I also find it rather short sighted of Mamiya that the new ZD Back is not compatible with the RB67 series in addition to the RZ67 and also a pity that by the looks of it, the RZ67 adapter does not allow stiching multiple shots together on the ZD so you get a lovely 70mm x 70mm capture area for still life studio photography! :(

As for me, ZD Back is not answer. It is way too expensive, all I want to get is nice old digital back from ancient history to shoot with 645 Pro and learn how it really works before changing film in.

mark L: What comes to ZD Back, all I can find is "Mamiya 645AFD/645AFD II/RZ67 PRO IID (The Digital Back Adapter HX701 (sold separately)

is required with the RZ67 PRO IID)". Nothing mentioned about RB. So as you know how easy it is to find this info, you probably wont mind sharing a link to it, would you?

• 2 weeks later...