Digital Infrared Khromagery

I have been attempting to contact the people at this company regarding digital infrared conversion for

about a year now. If it wasn't for the fact that they seem to be the only ones that convert Canon Pro1s into

infrared cameras... I would have given up long ago.

Does anyone know if they exist? Has anyone had luck contacting them?

I'm starting to think I'm either getting sent to some spam list... or they have gone out of business.

http://khromagery.com.au/

Would appreciate any knowledge regarding them.

I don't have the means to afford an additional camera body at the moment, nor do I feel the need to dedicate an entire camera to Infrared photography.

I do, however, love the way IR photography looks, and I spent a bit of time playing with PS to make my photos look like IR photos. I've found, that, by opening the chanels mixer, and moving the reds from the red channel to the green channel, and the greens from the green channel to the blue channel, then carefully balancing the blues between the blue and red channels, I can make relatively attractive looking IR style photographs.

Not real, but not bad considering how easy it is.

I believe they are out of business. I was in the process of sending my D70s for conversion, when they slipped off the radar. I used maxmax.com in NJ. They did nice clean work in one week. Maxmax does not show your camera on their list but you could call and ask.

Cheers

When I found khromagery with Google I also found this email address which perhaps may be better .... but I didn't see your camera listed as one of the conversions possible ... Why not take their advice and buy one of their digicams instead?

david@khromagery.com.au

Hope this helps.

Our IR work is still in business, although we have had a lot of issues this year (including

"spam" munchers as David suspected).

The Pro1 conversions are still available, and David should have some email about it by now.

Art, we're not currently doing D70s conversions due to issues with glass suppliers earlier this

year. We're hoping to resume some D80/D50 conversions soon.

Going to maxmax was obviously a good choice for you.