mike_senesouk

Just thought you might like to see my latest wedding. Outside wedding in

Northeastern Pennsylvania. Not a lot of post processing has been done on them

yet aside from the usual. It's only been 4 days, so I have gotten much of a

chance to do much to them.

There is a second shooter here which is my sister. You may see her in the

background of some of my shoots. She has a habit of getting in my shots. Her

shots is from the Nikon D200 and mine from the Fuji S3 and S5. Flash was used

despite what the Exif data says. Just dial down used as a fill light.

Anyone has comments, suggestions or questions, you're welcome. If I can answer

them, I'll try to.

http://www.pbase.com/mikezen/inbox

I noticed that in many of the pictures the brides dress is blown out, the highlights are maxxed out. Doing this you loose the detail in the images containing the brides dress. Brides dresses, especially in the sun, are difficult to control. I tend to underexpose about a half a stop and adjust in Lightroom to keep the levels just below blowout. With the blown hightlights the images have an overexposed look.

But as I have said before, my opinion doesn't mean squat. If the bride and groom are happy, the family is happy, you are happy, then it was a job well done and my comments are just so much noise in the crowd.

Advice being worht what you pay I like it.. however, for the posed shots you could need to learn better ways to set up the bride so she doesn't appear as wide (no woman wants to appear wide.. EVER!).

I would suggest you turn people 45 dgrees to the film plane. Have the women put their weight on the foot furthest from the camera. This helps the 3-D person look thinner on the 2-D medium.

If you want to really learn posing, and I suggest to every wedding photographer that they do, go to Joe Zeltsmans Free Portait lessons. A lot of good material there.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I continue to look at other photographers work to get some ideas. It's a great help to get some viewpoint from others. Sometimes you just don't think about the other important things because you're too focus on something else.

Jeremy, the bride was a young bride so she was ready for just about anything. I noticed that when we were walking on the gravel path that she was just dragging her train along carelessly and decided to pick it up only to make it easier to walk. She wasn't too concerned about getting it dirty so laying on fallen leaves didn't bother her at all. The groom was more concern about getting his suite dirty because it was a rental and he would have to pay for it had it gotten dirty. But the bride had the last say.