rashedahmed

When I posted ' Will 120/220 films stay longer than 35mm films ?' Many comments

has been made on it. Thanks goes to the contributors. But one posting

influenced me a lot about this theory. David Henderson wrote ' As someone else

said, if you want rollfilm to stay then use it.'

If we can use (those who used films earlier) at least two rolls of 120 film per

week, then it is possible to keep 120 films alive & clicking.If you use it

professionally than AA for you.Otherwise shoot landscapes or experiment with

films. You now have cheaper flatbeds to scan 120 transparencies by yourself.

It is very much possible to shoot with 120 films and take delivery within 02

hours in digitized format.At the end of the day,you don't have to change it

every two years.Digital backs does and you are the one who pays for it.

"If we can use (those who used films earlier) at least two rolls of 120 film per week, then it is possible to keep 120 films alive & clicking. ... [etc.]"

Just a suggestion: If the target is to get MF fanciers to use two rolls of 120/220 film/week, then how about also an organized posting of your resulting best shot of the week?

On the Photo.net Leica forum, there's a long-standing w/nw Picture of the Week thread every Sunday, with the goal of nudging folks to get out and actually use those Leicas. Perhaps a similar thing here, with photos taken on MF film?

I like that idea. I try to shoot as much MF and LF as I can. It's hard to do with a full time job (non-photo related), and attending school (part-time). I believe that every time a roll of MF, or a sheet of LF film is shot, an angel gets its wings.

I like John Gleason's idea about a Medium Format Picture of the Week thread!

I am also going to try to shoot MUCH more MF film. I am planning a project (hopefully to start this weekend) where I will travel every road in my county (Shelby County, Alabama - next to Birmingham) from one end to the other and photograph whatever comes up interesting. At the end of this project, I will make a book from my pro lab entitled something like "My Shelby County". Should be a fun project and allow me to see a lot on all the back country roads.

I also enjoyed the idea of an organized posting of our resulting best shot of the week...I use 120mm on my Pentax 67 and I just bought 10 rolls of Provia today. I also have been shooting B&W with Tri-X 400 with very good results. I need to get back developing some more films at the weekends. Count on me to post some of my 6x7 photos. I also shoot with 35mm with Nikon F3. Regards, Chico do Vale

Now that my love affair with my TLR's and 23 Graphic has been reawakened, I would like to participate is such a project. With winter coming on and an inconsistent work schedule, I doubt if I can do two rolls a week but I will try to do one and post regularly.

Add me to the list.

Roger WB