xpan slide mounts on PCP 80

xinyang_zhang

Hi, I recently bought a used PCP 80 on photo.net, and want to try my xpan slides

on it. So I wonder if anyone know about the proper slide mounts? I know the

mounts for 67 films is 85*85 which could hold two xpan films. But they are

plastic and could be cut into shape for the projector. I found one on bh, but do

not know if the outer size is right for the carousel? (Should be 7*7 right?):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=182620&is=REG

Or if anyone of you did try self making for xpan and it is easy, would you

kindly provide me with your prescription? Thanks a lot.

Fuji used to make cartonboard mounts for the XPan. They would certainly be easier to cut to the right dimensions than slim plastic mounts that probably shatter unless some high tech cutting tool is used. Not sure if they would work in PCP 80 though.

Hello Xinyang

if you want Gepe slide mounts you need this kind: Mfr# 452603 ? B&H# GESM2603

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/20541-REG/Gepe_452603_22x54mm_Medium_Format_Anti_Newton.html

These mounts have an outer size of 7cm x 7cm and will fit into the PCP 80. A big drawback: You have to cut your XPan slides 4-5 mm on each side.

Uli

Ulrich, thanks a lot. This is the one of the two types I found on b&h. But you know I can not cut the films. So what I really want to know is the size of the other type(Mfr# 452702 ? B&H# GESM2702). I will call to ask the size of it.

Ilkka, do you have the contact information of Fuji? I am currently using fuji slide processing mailers to develop my RDP III taken by xpan. They use paper mounts for 35mm slides, but does not cut or mount xpan.

I bought the Fuji mounts in Japan and had to specially order a local shop to get them from the factory. I bought mine from Gin-Ichi in Ginza. That was a few years ago. I bought so many that I still have several unopened boxes left. You could try to ask from Fujifilm in your own country but it may be hard to find a person who actually knows what your are referring to.

You must be right CD K. And probably I could not find anyone in Japan who could do me the favor. I am in Michigan, US. I just received the PCP80 today after a whole afternoon and evening work. The mamiya slide mounts I bought on ebay couple of months ago are actually carton, and it is 100*80, so I tried to cut one by 70*70 and it did fit into the tray. It works. But the real problem occurred when I used it to try on the projector. There is a gate(actually should be two door open in reverse direction right?) between the slide and the lens. When the slide feeds in, the doors should open and we could enjoy the image on the big screen. I had a kodak 35mm projector so I guess it should works the same way. But the doors of this one do not open. I do not know the reason, since it was sent to me by Hasselbald factory repair department. Wo... I was confused. Thanks, Ilkka and CD K. If the Mamiya is fine with this, I will try to buy some carton and make the mounts by myself as I just discovered a art store around my school.

• 2 weeks later...