4 shoots Leica IIIc Elmar 5

Luis,

the last shot perform well in 3-D at f/11. But, I don't think it does the same in the third photo.Is it due t the colour and light condition are different?

At the second photo, the old seems not sharp enough when it is at f/3.5, but the burred background have done a good job.

I really hope my scanner can perform better.

Hi Luis, great photos as usual! The third picture almost puzzles me with it's 3D appearence, it's almost as though it were taken through an excellent pair of three dimentional glasses. Is your scanner 100% responsible, or is it a filter, or a particular technique that you've used. The closest I can remember producing anything like it was when I was in my early teens and use a Halina Paulette Electric, in that case I think it had a lot to do with the lens being rarher 'soft', but then you've used an ultra sharp Leica lens.

Kevin,

You are indeed right. The third doesn`t look the same quality (sharpness) than the fourth one. No explanation about. Maybe there is something wrong in my notes. The only thing I can tell you is that I manipulated the sky with PS.

The old man picture has the problem that I did zone focusing and at such aperture is almost impossible to have enough luck as to get a sharp shoot. Not me at least.

Ronald,

Ronald is right. And complementary colours give 3D sensation. Often this is even ugly and sight disturbing if the tonality is the same (1)

Painters know this very well and avoid putting two colours complementary together. But if you low in intensity one of them the whole of it turns pleasant to the sight (2)

I made these sketches with FreeHand in a couple of minutes. No time to put on better exemplas of colours.<div>00MXsv-38493484.jpg.9574d07c1e33251163d101ee555acb80.jpg</div>

I must write this, 'When you read Luis post, you can learn a lot if you are beginner; And, you will find they are delicious desserts after each meal.'

I borrowed a Nikon FM from a friend who has moved to Canada. It is a nice camera with good quality lens. But it is rather heavier than Canon F-1.(However, none of them are my favourite because the metering mechanism of F-1 is quite complicated)