1Ds Mark II - What Price by December?

dan_v

Rokkor, are you just referring s/h? I see them new out of Honkers for just on usd7000 I don`t think they will drop much more unless the 3 sells some thing like 71/2.Tho the 1st batches are usually full retail There will be some well used ones become avail.

Should be into the $4k range used. They've been in the $5k range used in good condition. The first 1Ds bodies are selling for around $2k and trade about even for a used 5D. I'll probably get one once they drop under $4k...I'm thinking that'll be less than a year from now.

I did a bit of checking and found new Mk IIs at Samy's and B&H going for $7K-$8K new.

Also found a couple (one purportedly new with warranty) on that auction site sell for around $4K. Not a bad price, but I'm very leery of buying from auctions.

A good way to find out price would be to ask a seller. I'll be a seller as soon as the initial wave of Mark III is over, providing there are no real glitches. At that point I suspect I'll be happy to sell me spare Mark II, 2,000 actuations, perfect, not a scratch (including hotshoe), US market, all accessories and manual, for $5k. I'm sure more used and rougher units will go for $4,500 or less. So you'll have no trouble being where you want to be in price, I can't be the only one who will be willing to sell an as new camera for 5k. It's just the cost of doing business.......