China Photos

wtanaka

Some nice shots here but I think you would be better off to pick the best 25 or so rather than displaying several hundred. I used to think that every image I took on a trip combined to tell a "great" story. After presenting my own and watching the slide shows of many others, I've concluded that quality and brevity are the keys. When you are giving a slide show in person to a group you can slip in a few mediocre images if you have an interesting story related to the image. But in a PN presentation, I would go the quality/brevity route.

• 2 months later...

I agree with GuangaJim. I want to show people every picture I took on a trip to show what it was like being there, but I realize that they will never understand unless they were there. Just showing a few great descriptive photos will do more than the hundreds you actually took while there. A picture is worth a 1,000 words and 100 pictures are worth...well I'll be out of words by then. Looking at your gallery, the first thumbnail I clicked on was the one with all the blue chairs. The second was the child on farm. Fantastic!

Love the pictures. I'm going to China soon so any suggestions would be great. What equipment did you bring?

By the way, I'm from Denver too GungaJim and sorry about the Rockies this year.