Could you visit my wedding site and tell me what do you think about my photos ?

christopher_weber

Christopher,

Jak se más? I'm a Polish-American, but I'm afraid I don't know a lot more Polish than that. I could count to ten and tell you I love you, if you like. ;-)

I like the photos, and I like some of them very much. I'm especially fond of the shot of the couple sitting in chairs on the dock, looking exhausted. And I love the shot of the couple kneeling at the altar, where the groom has his eyes down but the bride seems to be looking right at the camera. Almost impossible to get that shot here in the USA because almost no Catholic church I know will let you shoot from behind the altar.

I have a couple small comments.

I am not crazy about the navigation tools on your site. I like being able to control the slide show, but there doesn't seem to be any way to reference an individual photo -- no URL, no picture number or file name. Perhaps I'm missing something.

I notice that, if I click on the gray area beside a photo, the photos get grayed out and it's not obvious at first what you have to do to get them UN-grayed out. (Answer: Click on the < or > arrow to view the previous or next photo, then click on the photos.)

I would add also that I think the photos seem a little bit over-processed. This is a matter of taste, so PLEASE don't pay too much attention to me here. But my feeling is that nearly all of your photos look pretty artistic -- like they were done for a magazine rather than an actual wedding album. I think a little of this sort of thing is wonderful, but to be so creative for every single shot is like, well, eating 50 pieces of cheesecake -- kind of makes cheesecake seem less special. And I don't see how anybody could keep this up throughout an entire wedding. Sooner or later, you're going to have a shot of Aunt Danuta and Uncle Jan just sitting at a reception table looking bored. And that shot is going to look terrible when it's compared to the rest of the shots.

But as I said, that is just my personal taste. I am absolutely sure others will disagree.

Thanks for sharing the site.

thanks for comments :) that is very important for me.

This is first version of my site so it may be, let say - beta :)

( in future I'll change it to flash site maybe ).

Thanks for comments about my photos - that is what I need most. I'll be gratefu for more comments of other photo.net users :)

Thank you all once again and waitingo for reply.

Weber

Well done.

I get a feel of what you do with private time with the bride and groom.

What about the rest of the wedding when the action is taking place: before and after the controlled time spent alone with the couple?

Well done.

Weber

Some really nice inventive photos!

Do you use a lot of off camera flash in your work?

<< :) it;s so called 'tkacz technique' :))) years of practice in this kind of BW photos >>

I have not heard of this before could you elaborate a little (is there a different name for it)?

Look forward to hearing from you!

-tim

thanks again for C&C. I use flash only when it's necessary. When I can ( at 95 % ) I use ambient light in church. I use ambient light + blende during sessions.

Tkacz technique that was a little joke ;-) because it's my authors technique. I've developed it for a few yeras :) So it's my workshop secret :)

Soon I'll paste some more photos so if you liked my work - stay tunned :)

Once again thanks for warm words