Vista over -rides calibration

• 2 weeks later...

My calibration was working fine for over a year. I was having some issues with copying to a hard drive and I was

advised to upgrade to SP1. I did the upgrade. The hard drive issue went away, but this color problem has now

crept in.

I'm using vista home premium 32 and use a spyder pro with optical for calibration.

To get the screen to stay calibrated, I now have to leave the optical software box open and uncheck/check the

calibration box. My screen stays calibrated unless there is about 10 minutes of inactivity.

I've tried using a startup control program to disable the nvidia stuff that launches and that didn't help. I

then took the earlier suggestion and tried the startup delay. After doing that, my screen is now booted with the

correct color, but it still loses it's calibration after about 10 minutes of inactivity.

Any further help would definitely be appreciated as this is driving my crazy!

Of course the correct answer is Mac....

My computer is acting relatively OK after SP1 and a few more updates, and after uninstalling everything from Symantec. Nowadays I nearly only loose the calibration when I put the computer to sleep. But the way I understand it that is not your problem.

Is there any program starting up when your computer is idle? Anti virus? I think it would be something not from MS.

Sometimes the behavior has changed when I have changed the monitor settings back and forth under "Personalize - Display settings".

Some programs show they are active in the taskbar. Maybe you can hear or see that there is activity going on. Or you can start the task manager and try to understand the entries (by searching on the web). If you can guess what program it is you could check the manual (maybe it says that it turns on when the computer is idle).

You could also turn off indexing, user account control and windows defender long enough to see if one of these makes a difference.

John,

Sorry, I thought I had replied to your question but I just looked and the message wasn't posted.

I tried to update the video drivers, but it gave me an error message halfway through and then everything was messed up. I ended up having to do a system restore to get it working again.

I think I might do a system restore again to go back to PRE-Sp1

Bad luck!

I still believe that you should update the drivers in the slightly longer run. Maybe in some not too far future you can try it again. Things ought to be better with sp1.

I suppose you have tried looking for help at nvidia or colorvision?

If possible you could try reinstalling sp1 and hope something went wrong last time??

• 2 months later...