Anyone in Orlando that I can "rent" a Sigma DC 10-20 f/4-5.6 from mid-September?

thebs

I'm a cheapskate and don't want to drop $450 on a Sigma DC 10-20 f/4-5.6.

But my Alma Mater's first game (versus Texas) in their new home, Brighthouse

Stadium in Orlando, happens on September 15th, and I'd like to get a nice,

non-distorted 100 degree FOV corner shot from the upper-decks. I have a DA

16-45 f/4, but that doesn't compare. I have a Zenitar FE 16 f/2.8 (manual), but

after using the DA 16-45 f/4, I really can't stand the distortion difference.

So does anyone near Orlando have a Sigma DC 10-20 f/4-5.6 for Pentax that they'd

let me "rent" from them in mid-September? Figured it could not hurt to ask and

thanx in advance regardless!

Unfortunately, you're unlikely to find any place in Florida that rents gear at all outside of

Miami. I think that Desktop Darkroom in Jacksonville has rental gear, but nothing on the

Sigma line. If you're really wanting this lens, you may need to buy it, and then sell it to

recoup some of your costs.

Outside of Miami, you won't find much in the way of professional photography that isn't

wedding/events, hence the nearly non-existent rental services. I don't know of any rental

places in Orlando at all.

Sorry 'bout that - one downside of Florida.

Ack, figured as such. Hmmm, anyone know of a "by mail" rental?

My wife shocked me in saying I could buy it, but I really don't want to drop any more money. After all, if I was going to drop that kind of money, I would have just gone the K10D, let alone some faster f/2.8 zoom lenses (probably DA* while I was at it).

• 2 weeks later...

I decided that I'm just going to skip on the lens and use my existing DA 16-45mm f/4 and Zenitar 16mm FE f/2.8 for the shots. I'll blow one or two up to 11"x14" for myself and that's good enough.

I just realized I don't do this for a living and I'm getting by well with my cheap glass and uber-cheap K100D. I'll consider dropping more money on lenses if and when I upgrade the body (e.g., if and when Pentax adopts that new 12MP CMOS sensor in a new product), but for now, I'm good with my lens kit.