ProShow Producer or Gold

jeff_b.1

I am debating weather I want to switch to ProShow Producer or ProShow Gold from

Showit. I love the demos on ProShow's website but those are the only examples I

have ever seen. Is anyone willing to share a link to your web slide shows

created with ProsShow? If so please post your links to your slideshows here and

make note of which version of the software (gold or producer) that you used.

Thanks,

Hi Jeff,

I have several show on my website that were created with Proshow Producer -- www.photographyinaction.com

These shows were created for clients. Additional shows can be viewed by going to my site map. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact me. I am also a beta tester for Photodex.

Regards,

Peg Yarbrough

Pro-show Gold and producer can only play on a windows PC on line and only from the photodex website. Producer can output in a .swf format but it does not work. The loading time is just too slow. Show it uses a swf format but with image folders and works everytime. So for an online slideshow that has lots of features show-it is really "IT". Also making the shows is far far faster with show-it. Producer and even pro show gold can do more fancy stuff but it takes a while to make. I think show it is better and having the client buy the DVD's in the nice package is worth your time rather than making a printable CD and image for a box etc.

Be careful...

Proshow alienates your Mac Loving website vistors totally (unless you publish using the bandwidth hungry flash streaming video format).

It also requires PC vistors to install a plugin that may nusers are reluctant to install.

Except for those two issues, Proshow is an excellent product. Much easier to make DVD's from.

I am really glad I posed this question to this board. Thank you everyone!

I looked at one show so far. You are right. They don't play on Apple, or at least they don't stream. Firefox wouldn't even import the plug-in. Finally I tried Internet Explorer. IE was able to load the plug-in. Then the waiting began. After about 5 minutes the show started. Peggy I was watching the LoveStory streaming demo from your site.It is a beautiful job on your part. Halfway through the second song in the slideshow there was an error and the show crashed.

I don't think either ProShow or ShowIt are really that up to snuff.

I just dont think the gang at ShowIt deserve $50 every time one of my customers wants a slideshow of MY work.

ProShow cant be viewed over the Internet without a hassle. If one of my customers had as much trouble as I did I may miss out on a referral.

Since I already bought Showit I may just use that to keep making Internet slide shows and then use another program to make the DVD.

Are there any other programs that are good for making slideshow DVDs besides ProShow where you can time the music and have it look professional and pay less that $250?

Thanks everyone.

Jeff

Create a DVD slideshow with proshow producer and sell to bride and groom at an affordable price ... give them full rights to copy and send to their circle of family and friends which can be viewed as free marketing since your company name and contact information can be at the end of the slideshow (briefly) ... placing the contact information at the end is the trade off for allowing them (i.e. encouraging them) to make copies and send to family and friends.

They do the copy and sending and you've got a small bit of free marketing to a number of families. Proshow can create quite a nice slideshow so make use of it and send the hard copy and allow copies to be made and sent out by the families and view it as a minor marketing strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

you can use DVD Photo Slideshow to create DVD slideshow and I think this program is quite easy to use.

BTW, I use a free program called Flash Slideshow Maker to make SWF slideshow and this program is so great except the logo added in the program, anyhow, it is more than enough for a free program.