Photographer's scheduling software

meldell

I'm looking for some sort of program that can keep my schedule, bride info,

etc. I'd like it specifically to just be for wedding photographers and it also

has to be for a PC. (not Outlook!)

What do you use for something like that?

Yahoo! Calendar is nice. You can allow different permissions, so all assistants can see the scehdule, but only you can change it. Beats sending out updated emails all the time.

For old school, nothing beats a Filofax and a large dry-erase plastic year on a view calendar above the monitor or by your phone. One quick glance and you can check dates, get a yearly count, see what weekends are light, etc.

I use Google Calendar. It is quite flexible, you can even browse your calendar using your mobile, and use the quick add function over there when you are on the move. You can use the comments field to keep your bride info. You can even choose to make your calendar public so that your clients can know for which dates you are free and for which you aren't. You can see mine one in action here at www.mozammelhaque.com/photography . BTW, if you want to build a custom one, knock me... ;) as I am a Software Engineer too...

I am working on a wedding photographer database to keep track of all clients, their wedding information, dates, etc, etc. When i'm finished with it i'll definitely be handing it out to anyone interested.

As for now, I use a combinate of PDA, daytimer book, and iCal on the mac to keep track of all my dates.

Erik

McClure - one thing nice about using the calander on my Yahoo mail account is I can check it from anywhere from any computer. I don't use/carry a PDA (only a simple cell phone), and I very seldom have my laptop with me.

Of course it helps if you work off of/from a Yahoo email account ;-)

I don't use my sbcglobal/ISP email(Outlook)- only my Yahoo web-mial account

I'm a makeup artist who is starting to dabble in photography. I guess it rubbed off by osmosis :)

I found some great inexpensive software called PhotoJobs Database. It has everything, even scheduling, and the deluxe version has all kinds of contracts too, even one for a wedding. I have the original version and the tech support is really good, too. http://www.photojobsdatabase.com

Good luck!