Assistance with identification of a few items from Ernst Leitz Wetzlar

tjod

Hello all;

I have several items in need of identification, and, hopefully, user manuals for

same.

These items all came in a package with a Leica IIIf body and Summitar 5cm f/2

lens, straps, cases, etc.

I've posted photos on my webserver:

http://timster.net/ErnstLeitzWetzlar/ErnstLeitzWetzlar.html

If anyone is able to identify any of these items and / or point the way to any

manuals, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

Tim O'Donoghue

Thanks, Jerry;

Those are names to start my literature search. I'm not looking to sell them, but rather to use them - at least for a while. If I do decide to sell in the future, I hope to be able to provide documentation as well as a little how-to to any potential buyer.

Best regards,

Tim O'Donoghue

Thank you - that's another one to add to the list. I found a manual for the slide copier too, but the price + postage from the UK to Seattle is a bit spendy. I'll have to think about it.

Tim

Tim,

While the Focuslide could conceivably be used to copy slides, its general use was to provide closer focus for macro-photography.

Options held Leitz lenses (generally 50mm but perhaps other focal lengths), that allowed these lenses to be extended and focused further from the film plane than they could be were they mounted directly to the body.

With the lens and camera mounted (this is the spring arrangement you noted, holding the camera on its back), focus was obtained using the viewer from the Visoflex using the ground glass. When focus was obtained, the camera was slid over (the slide part of focuslide), and the shot made.

As an aside, the Visoflex I needed a special two part activation cable to operate. One cable to retract the mirror, and another to trip the camera shutter.

Like so much of the old Leitz stuff, fiddly to operate, but incredibly well made. Getting there was half the fun I guess.

Best,

Jerry

Jerry;

That makes sense about the Focuslide. As it happens, I also have the dual cable release. I didn't mention it because I had already identified it. The flared base / cover of the release on the camera body needs to be removed for the cable release to be attached.

Tim