lenses

christine_nickell

Yes they will all fit. Manual focus (AI or AIS) lenses will fit but the cameras you mention will not meter so autoexposure will not work. Autofocus (AF, AFD, AFG, AFS) lenses will work. But remember that DX lenses that are designed for digital will vignette on your N75.

Certainly any AF Nikkor lens that works on a N75 (AF, AF-D, AF-I, AF-S, G) will work exactly the same (with a narrower angle of view) on a D70 or D80.

The reverse is not always true. DX Nikkor lenses, although they will mount and function fully on a N75, will vignette heavily at some or all focal lengths of the zoom range.

i have a N75, and am looking into a D70 or D80, just didn't know if i had to get a lense or if i could get away with just buying the body for now.. both the lenses i have are AF, which is all i pretty much use as of now until i learn a bit more. thanks to you all for your speedy responses.

One more quick question....i am stumped between the D70 and D80.. is there a major difference?other than the megapixels of course..

Hi Christine,the d80 of course is a newer camera,you have a bigger screen,bigger viewer,the menu is almost the same,i have a d70s,i check the d80 when the camera was release and and i found not enough good technical features compare to the d70 to replace it.My opinion,go for a good and nice d70s and wait for next nikon series digital slr,full frame sensor is coming soon at reasonable price,if not well get the d80,nice camera to.