Delivery

marc s

What method do most here use in delivering their photos to wedding clients?

DVD, CD, other?

I usually deliver about 900-1000 images and put them on DVD. However, some are having difficulty

opening DVDs on their computer. Is it a +/- issue?

Thanks

There are limitations on DVD's more so than CD's and I'm not technical enough to say why.

Also ordinary computer users know WAY less than you do and you need to remember that.

I still run across people that don't know about Cut & Paste and sit at a computer all day!

If I make a slideshow it goes on DVD and I test the master on two different DVD players.

One plays anything and the other is picky as it's an older DVD player.

So if I were you I'd deliver on a couple CD's.

It would be good to find out from each bride-and-groom what type of computer they will be using to 'view' your 1,000 images. If your wedding images are theirs to print, a DVD will be a negative format for any of the 1-hour photo machines at Wal-mart, Walgreens, Sam's Club, etc.

Thanks all for the posts.

I'm placing 4x6 jpeg images on the dvds. One dvd for wedding prep, another for the

wedding itself, and the last for the reception. From there my clients load the images onto

their computer and I have an account set up with them with a printer to upload their

images to the phot site for printing.

I had one bride tell me she's having problems viewing them on some computers. I have a

feeling she's viewing them on older computers that may not have the ability to read certain

DVDs. She's the only one so far who has had any problems with her dvd.

Perhaps I need to rethink the way I distribute my images to customers. I use dvds simply

because of the amount of files are so large.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

We deliver everything on DVDs.

We had ONE client this year say she could not access her images. Turns out her work

computer did not have a DVD drive. She went home and was able to read the disc with no

trouble.

We now include a little card with our DVDs that clearly states that they are receiving a

DVD, and that they will need a DVD drive on their computer in order to read the disc. It

also reminds them to copy the images to their computers for archiving, and to then store

the original DVD in a safe place. Lastly, the card gives a bit of info on self-printing, and

reminds couples that we cannot guarantee prints that they choose to create themselves.