Camera Bags

tom_magness

The F3x is a bit smaller and lighter. It would definitely fit everything you list. It's been my bag for years. No padding. It's a no nonsense bag for shooting. I haven't had a problem in all the years I've used it. Some folks like a lot of padding and protection. If that's the case this is not for you. This is a bag that follows: "you can't get the shot if you can't get at the equipment."

I use a regular student-style backpack for the D200 all the time. It is low-key and doesn't draw undue attention. There's pretty much always a light jacket, fresh t-shirt, or some other padding inside. I carry the D200 + 17-35mm and SB-800 (unmounted) all over the place. The D200 is a pretty rugged camera and unless you dropped it or fell on top of it, there's not much chance of it getting hurt. Good luck.

I love the Domke F4AF. You can fit a really large body w/zoom in the main compartment by removing the main padding. The two-compartment padding for lenses is exactly right. I usually carry my flash in the bottom of the main compartment (in its vinyl case), then place the body (F100 or F4) and lens on top of it. There's tons of room for everything else - batteries, lenses, lens pen, blower, etc. etc. Strengths of this case are A) minimal weight, B) strength - will carry more gear than I want to lug around when travelling, C) really quick access to gear on the fly, and D) Made in USA! Incidentally, I agonized over this decision for months before making a trip to China last year. The problem was, there weren't any Domke dealers near me. It turned out to be the right choice, and I'm permanently sold on Domke.