40D leak?

mark u

I'm sure this leak will spread fast - based on a now taken down thread on a

Korean forum, which included the images you can see here:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/Canon_40D.html

The original images were made by an H20 Phase One back shot at 50ISO on 12th

June according to the EXIF I was able to read in the original posting.

Specification details seem rather harder to come by, although some things can be

deduced from the released images.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either these are real, or they are a totally different class of fake from anything alse that has appeared. Assuming they are real, there's a few nice but unsurprising things (3" LCD, bright metal hotshoe, SRAW, three C settings on the mode dial, ISO in the finder - hope it's now bright enough to read) but also a couple of surprises. It looks as if there's a third right-thumb button, perhaps as on the 1DIII. And what's the button next to the on/off switch for? A dedicated Live View button, perhaps? The symbol doesn't look familiar.

Is the lens it's wearing, the efs 17-85 IS, or a new one?

Does it look like the efs 17-85 IS to you? Cause I think the lens in the photo, looks shorter than the efs 17-85 IS, I dont have the efs 17-85 IS though, So I cant quite recognize it on a photo.

Is it just me or does this camera look quite small? I only have a 350D and when I have my 17-85 mounted on it the ratio of camera width to lens length looks very similar to the top-down photo. This might be why the viewfinder and LCD look unusually large.

The camera still does have a top LCD paned though, so I might well be imagining things.

The lens is clearly marked "IMAGE" and has a just-visible stabiliser on/off switch, so it's either the existing 17~85 or some new EF-S 17-XX IS USM lens.

Looks just the size of an XXD body to me. There appears to be some sort of switch under the mode dial on the outboard side. The two partly-visible top left buttons are presumably MENU and PRINT.

If only they'd make the hardware buttons programmable, it wouldn't be as objectionable.

Do I see a dedicated focus button on the back (or rather the addition of a dedicated FEL button, perhaps, so that functionality isn't lost with CF4-1?)